AGC has just released the 16th edition of 52 weeks 52 Works. The project began as a promotional item to showcase AGC’s design and print capabilities, and 16 years later it has become a much-anticipated annual publication.
The calendar showcases a new art piece every week, and all the artists are local. In the spring of the previous year AGC reaches out to a growing list of artists with a “Call for Submission”. “We have a client FTP for the proofing and transfer of design projects we are working on, but as soon as that call for submission is dropped our FTP becomes flooded with local artwork,” says Jeff Braun, Creative Director at AGC. “It’s always really exciting to see how the artists and the artwork has evolved year over year,” adds Candice Champion, Vice President at AGC and the primary contact for the artists.
· Approximately 350 artists are contacted each spring
· Around 125 submissions are received each year
· 52 artists are chosen for the calendar weeks, and another 15 are added to the “notes” pages in the back of the calendar
· AGC distributes 1500 calendars to clients and prospects of their services: graphic design, commercial printing and mailing.
· Each artist showcased receives two copies of the calendar.
“In November and December people start calling and asking if we plan on publishing the calendars and where they’ll be available for purchase,” says Ms. Champion. “The excitement people have for this calendar is really a testament to the great work of northeast Ohio artists.” And what about selling the calendars? “We’ve thought about selling them, but currently it’s still just a promotional piece (for the talents artist of northeast Ohio) and for our clients and prospects each year as a small token of our appreciation for their business” says Ms. Champion.
If you’re interested in seeing the artists who are showcased this year visit, www.agcthecreativeadvantage.com or call 216-661-2550. If Candice answers she may just offer to leave one at the reception desk for you to pick up.