Doing business requires maintaining a balance among economic, environmental and social needs. Printing on paper meets those criteria. It's a way to drive business in a renewable way - to be more effective in your communications and to be more sustainable. It's worth printing if you incorporate environmental stewardship in your business, encourage your suppliers and customers to do the same and use printed materials wisely.
According to the latest research on advertising, printed communications are making a significant contribution to the economy and have a positive impact on business. Statistics show the following:
- Campaigns combinging direct mail and internet yield up to an additional 25% response rate.
- Nearly 80% of households either read or scan advertising mail sent to their household.
- Direct mail gives advertisers a whopping 13-to-1 return on their investment.
- Nearly 80% of internet users surveyed said they were directly influenced to purchase an item or service because of direct mail.
- Brand recall is substantially higher using print vs. onscreen. On-screen information is 20 to 30 percent more difficult to read.
- Small and medium businesses still rely on newspaper and magazine articles (43.6%) and direct mail, including letters, postcards and catalogs (43.5%) to get results.
Used wisely, print can drive revenue and be a valuable part of a smart media mix. That's why, for example, U.S. advertisers spend $167 per person in direct mail marketing to earn $2,095 worth of goods per person. They're scoring a return on investment of 13 to 1. With the right mix, it's worth printing.
Sourced from International Paper Company, 2010 edition of "Down to Earth." The full issue is available by visiting IP Sustainability
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Designed, Printed and Distributed by AGC The Creative Advantage, the 2010 edition of 52 Weeks 52 Works is now available.
Academy Graphic Communication’s (AGC) annual desk calendar has served as a stage for the creative community of Northeast Ohio for the past 8 years. This calendar seeks to demonstrate the power of expressing ideas effectively through print and the myriad of collaborative opportunities available with Northeast Ohio’s creative community. The collection represented ranges from sculpture to painting, photography to ceramics.
52 weeks 52 Works was printed utilizing environmentally-friendly, FSC and SFI certified paper containing both recycled content and post consumer waste. The print production techniques are water based, minimizing dependency on volatile organic compund (VOC) laden chemicals. And the inks and coatings used throughout are vegetable-and soy-based, increasing their biodegradalbe nature and ease of recycling.
AGC recognizes that environmental sustainability is a community-wide effort. We seek to showcase local resources, to create greater awareness of the eco-friendly options available within our community and highlight how innovative, forward-thinking individuals and groups can draw on each other’s expertise to make a bigger difference together.
Through our unique efforts, AGC has stayed committed to the renewable print medium and its potential to make a difference in people’s lives while demonstrating how environmental issues can be proactively addressed.
To obtain a copy of 52 Weeks 52 Works please email us today!